Born as Charles-Edouard Jeanneret-Gris on 1887 in Sweden, He assumed the Le Corbusier pseudonym when he moved to Paris in 1917. He was a Swiss-French architect, designer, painter, urban planner, writer, and one of the pioneers of what is now called modern architecture. He’s got a long list of achievements under his name including what many architectural historians called as "the machine age." But he will forever be known as the icon of modernism because of his contributions to modern architecture that is also evident in his furniture creations. He was quoted as saying:” Chairs are architecture, sofas are bourgeois.”
The name Le Corbusier is only used to describe the characteristics of the goods made to the original design, and not as a trademark.
- LC4 Style Chaise Longue - Special EditionFrom£939.50Normal price£1,879.00
- LC2 Style ArmchairFrom£709.50Normal price£1,419.00
- LC6 Style Dining TableFrom£664.50Normal price£1,329.00
- LC4 Style Chaise LongueFrom£839.50Normal price£1,679.00
- LC3 Style Grand Confort ArmchairFrom£1,254.50Normal price£2,509.00
- LC2 Style Petit Confort ArmchairFrom£859.50Normal price£1,719.00
- LC3 Style 2 Seater Grand SofaFrom£1,824.50Normal price£3,649.00
- LC3 Style 3 Seater Grand SofaFrom£2,374.50Normal price£4,749.00
- LC2 Style 3 Seater SofaFrom£1,519.50Normal price£3,039.00
- LC2 Style 2 Seater SofaFrom£1,164.50Normal price£2,329.00
- LC3 Style Grande 3 Seat Sofa - Special EditionFrom£2,739.50Normal price£5,479.00
- LC3 Style Grande 2 Seat Sofa - Special EditionFrom£2,199.50Normal price£4,399.00
- LC3 Style Grand Confort Armchair - Special EditionFrom£1,324.50Normal price£2,649.00
- LC2 Style Petit - 3 Seat Sofa - Black LeatherFrom£1,819.50Normal price£3,639.00
- LC2 Style Petit - 2 Seat SofaFrom£1,304.50Normal price£2,609.00
Swiss designer, writer, urban planner, and architect Charles-Édouard Jeanneret was one of the pioneering forces of modern architecture. His world-renowned works paved the way to a new standard in the design industry. His line of Le Corbusier furniture has become one of the most iconic pieces, giving him several awards which include the 1961 Frank P. Brown Medal.
He adopted a pseudonym Le Corbusier in 1917 while staying in Paris. Later on, he became a naturalized French citizen. Le Corbusier’s design style reflects his fascination with proportional systems, prompting him to create his own system- the Modulor. This system is based on the mathematical language of universal harmony and measurement of the male human body that ‘feel’ just right. His belief that home is ‘machine for living’ led him to produce functional and stylish furniture.
Le Corbusier chair
His timeless and unique LC2 Petit and LC3 Grande armchairs remained popular throughout the years. Our own reproductions of Le Corbusier designer furniture are two of our bestselling Le Corbusier chairs for sale. The LC2 Petit Confort is a cube-shaped armchair with a higher back and seat, while the LC3 Grand Confort is wider and lower to the floor. Both were featured in different forms of media, with the original pieces in the permanent collection of the Museum of Modern Art. They are often called the Cushion Baskets by Le Corbusier, delivering his purpose to create furniture that ‘adapts to human functions and serves as an extension of limbs.’ When Steve Jobs introduced the iPad in 2010 Apple event, he sat in LC3 chair.
Le Corbusier sofas
After the overwhelming acceptance of the public to his chairs, Le Corbusier started designing sofas. It led to the creation of LC3 2-seater and 3-seater Grand Sofas. We have a Le Corbusier style sofa for those who are looking for high-quality style of original pieces for their homes and offices. Our 2-seater is more compact but equally comfortable. It is specially crafted for women who love to cross their legs in transversal line. The LC3 3-seater is the bigger counterpart which is ideal for big living rooms, leisure areas, study rooms, and hotels.
Le Corbusier table
Mobelaris’ style of the Le Corbusier dining table or LC6 is the perfect match for classic or trendy dining chairs. He designed the original piece for the 1929 Salon d’Automne in Paris, France. The high-end tempered glass top is durable and easy-to-clean, while the powder-coated steel welded frame offers strength and stability. The tubular legs design was inspired by the 1920s airplane construction. This chic and versatile table is ideal for any type of interiors of living and working spaces. It is a nice addition to a conference or office setup, providing a lot of space for the work essentials. The minimalist, cool design of this Le Corbusier table brings practical yet elegant dining or working experience.
As the leading style designer online store in the UK, we make sure that we do justice in reproducing the original designs of Le Corbusier. We only want the best pieces for people who love design pieces and buy online chairs or tables.