Ideas for Living Room Design 2020
The heart of any home is the living room, a place to entertain guests and where family members gather for entertainment or share stories. In 2020, the interior design ideas for the living room go beyond decorating. It is about creating and innovating something extraordinary out of practical and simple resources you already have. Functionality and practicality will stand out as primary components of living room design ideas next year, so let’s delve further on the specifics.
Interior Design Ideas for Living Room
Designing a living room is fun because it offers a lot of possibilities to stamp your individuality and preferences. There are popular living room design ideas that provide sparks of inspiration if you are into do-it-yourself redecorating. They are around for several years and continue to influence interior designs this coming year.
- Hi-tech or ultramodern. This interior design features solid
scopes, expensive materials, elegant decors, and neutral light colors. For colors and contrast, add bright colors in forms of pillows on the couch, rugs, carpets, wall posters, clocks, and elegant vases. Other options that enhance the hi-tech living room’s designs include futuristic industrial floor lamps, glass
decors, metal accents, and chandeliers with intricate designs that produce modern look.
- Scandinavian. This style exudes minimalism, with neutral
decor and ample natural light. The living room design ideas of Scandinavian revolve on elegance and luxury without going overboard on your budget. Choose natural fabrics, upholstered furniture, statement accents, and wooden elements to create a comfortable, stylish, and chic interior.
- Minimalism. If you think the interior design ideas for a
minimalist living room are simple, you are mistaken. Why? Because minimalism is not about having fewer items, it is about blending furniture into the neutral color background and punctuate them with impressive angles or accents. The idea is to create a peaceful vibe with intentional and meaningful pieces.
- Loft. For 2020, loft living room’s designs feature brick
walls and wooden panels with metal and glass furniture or accents to enhance the spacious area and high ceilings.
- Eclectic-Boho. There are no rules when it comes to living
room design ideas for this style. It is perfect for those who want to showcase their favorite pieces of furniture and decors. With the complementary color palette, mixing and matching bring non-conforming cohesiveness.
Interior Designs for Small Living Rooms
Unlocking the potential of a small living room requires skills and creativity. When decorating or redecorating this space, you can give it a charming character with these small living room design inspirations:
- Embrace white, beige, or gray interior. Begin with any of the recommended wall colors and add pale-colored furniture to create a monochromatic look. This design is a perfect solution for a small living room and one of the best ideas that designers employ to make the area look bigger and brighter. To add character, input splashes of texture and colors via pillows, wicker furnishings, and plants or blooms. You can also have one or two attention-grabbing pieces that successfully disguise the size of the room.
- Use glass, mirrored, or acrylic furniture. Professional
designers are using this trick for a small living room design to create the illusion of space. These functional pieces of furniture basically disappear, eliminating visual clutter. Examples are glass top coffee table with a gold base, floor lamps, and thin framed accent seats.
- Opt for sectional couch and collection of chairs. A small, simple living room design can be transformed into a stylish space with the help of an L-shaped sofa that maximizes the seating area while offering an open and fresh vibe. You can add eclectic pieces of chairs to complete the homey environment.
Big Living Room Interior Design Ideas
Planning the interior design for a big living room with care will make it more attractive, comfortable, and original. With so much available space, it is necessary to maximize every corner to eliminate the impression of emptiness without overwhelming the occupants. The perfect living room designs for big spaces should make them appear tranquil and relaxing. Avoid going overboard
because too much furniture can ruin the general ambiance of the room.
- Invest in big statement pieces. Start with large couches
and make them the focal point of interest. A single huge piece is also great for a big living room design. You can pair up a dainty coffee table with oversized ottomans or x-benches. A rustic fireplace is also a beautiful central element in the living room.
- Maximize the room layout. Lots of space allow you to create a contemporary space for entertainment. Have a personal media center with all your tech gadgets or a personal reading corner with a bookcase full of your favorite reading materials. Use the wall spaces by adding large framed photos
and decorative shelves. Hang curtains and drapes higher than your window frames to create visual spaciousness. Enhance the bright and airy interior design for a big living room with mirrors that allow light to spread. Place tall potted plants to highlight the high ceilings and fill up empty corners.
- Be creative and divide the big space with functional
furniture. Examples of these creative living room’s design solutions are a daybed, a bench, or a chaise. Console tables, modern sideboards, and hanging decorative screens are also wonderful options to define and separate private sections. Pull up furniture closer to each other away from the wall to
make the large space cozier and homey. If you have surplus wall space, add mirrors and artworks to turn it into a lively area. Another smart idea is to add extra seats.
Best Wallpaper Designs for Living Room
Whether you want a classic, quirky, or futuristic interior design ideas for your living room, wallpaper can freshen up its outdated look or visually correct the wall deformations. The paper designs for the living room do the tricks, injecting a new personality to your favorite space.
- 3D Wallpapers. Enliven your room with 3D wallpaper designs for the living room. The popular designs for 2020 will be jungles, brick walls, and waterfalls which are all environmentally friendly.
- Metal-like Wallpapers. If you like a tailored, designer-like look, the metallic wallpapers are your ally. These designer wallpapers for the living room bring a sophisticated look because of their monochrome hues and geometrical shapes. For a more luxurious feel, add gold accents or furnishings.
- Gradient Wallpaper. This is one of the best paper designs for the living room. The charming transition of color shades suits modern or minimalist interior design.
Furniture Idea for Living Room
The furniture trend for 2020 focuses on simple but interesting pieces that bring optimum comfort and enhance the look of the interior.
- Moderns sofa. Sofas are the basic furniture for living room ideas. These functional seating provide comfort while entertaining, resting, or bonding with family members.
- Furniture with metallic hardware. In 2020, expect trendy furniture for a living room corners with gold, bronze, steel, or brass frames. Pick metallic decor or furniture for storage in the living room.
- Opt for handmade, personalized pieces. Add handcrafted furniture for the living room which is relatively cheap, yet truly unique. If you have fabulous heirlooms from your ancestors, display them now to scale up your room.
Best Colors for Living Room Walls
The color scheme for 2020 leans on neutral and calm shades that emphasize the focal elements of the living room’s designs.
- Mint. This beautiful shade of green gives a relaxing vibe. The subtle mixture of green, blue, and yellow colors for walls in the living room promotes beneficial effects on your well-being.
- Gray and Green. Painting the walls with these colors brings positive effects for the living room occupants because of their refreshing tone.
- Hazelnut. It is one of the top living room colors for walls in 2020 because it offers an ideal background for any furnishings and accents you want to add, aside from giving a relaxing vibe.
It doesn’t really matter if your home is big or small, you can always visually expand it with the help of all these interior design ideas for a living room.